Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ukraine

The Ukraine.  Another one of my motherlands.  I can't decide if having five nationalities is a good or bad thing, but at least for blogging purposes, it's quite interesting to research and think about visiting.  The largest country in Europe, Ukraine is surrounded by Russia, Belarus, Poland, Slovakia, Hungry, Romania and Moldova.


Holding the 8th place visited by tourists, Ukraine has many destinations throughout the country worth visiting.  First and foremost in my mind, is of course, the mountains.  The Carpathian Mountains are used for hiking, skiing, fishing, and hunting.  Ukraine also compiled a list of the "Seven Wonders of Ukraine", all of which look interesting to me.  (Each of them should have links so you can learn more) :)


1Sofiyivsky Park


2. Kiev Pechersk Lavra or Monastery of the Caves
3. Kamianets-Podilskyi Historical Complex


4. Khortytsia (an island)
5. Chersonesos (an ancient Greek colony)
6. Saint Sophia Cathedral
7. Khotyn Fortress

Ось і все!  (That's it.)Hopefully that's correct Ukrainian...otherwise blame Google Translate.  :)

Ciao,

Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Aw I like this one Lauren! I've been trying to do some research on Ukraine lately so this was perrrfect! I didn't know it was the biggest country in Europe and now I wanna read more about those links too. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading!! I really want to go. Well..travel in general, obviously. :)

    ReplyDelete