Sunday, December 5, 2010

Take me to the mountains

Because I clearly have an obsession with mountains, I decided I definitely want to visit the Rocky Mountains someday.  And also, they are actually in the United States, unlike most of the other mountain ranges I've learned about/posted about in this blog.


The Rocky Mountains stretch around 3,000 miles from northern British Columbia all the way to New Mexico.  In both Canada and the US, the mountains attract many visitors each year to the national parks that have been created as a part of this range.  Yellowstone National Park is one of the most well known of these parks and contains a super volcano, the Yellowstone Caldera.



The highest peak is at 14, 440 feet at Mount Elbert in Colorado.  While I have not skied in about 5 years, I think it would be really cool to be able to ski somewhere within this mountain range someday.  Not only this, but I would really like to go hiking (perhaps somewhere that's warmer and also when the weather is warmer.)  In sum...well you know I love mountains.  :)





Ciao,

Lauren




No comments:

Post a Comment