Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holy Land--Jerusalem

One of the top places I would like to visit, would have to be Jerusalem, or more generally, the Holy Land.  Because of my beliefs and the complex history that goes along with this land, I would love to see what I've read and heard about for so long.  Oddly enough this city is holy to three religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.  With a long history of wars and political as well as religious conflicts, if you want to know the history, take a look for yourself: http://www.jerusalem.muni.il/jer_main/defaultnew.asp?lng=2


The Temple Mount includes many of the religious sites that are famous in Jerusalem.  Aside from the religious significance of the city, there is also a presence of artistic and cultural contributions.  This includes the Israel Museum, The Jerusalem Theater, The Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra, and The Jerusalem Film Festival are just a few examples.


Here's one performance by the orchestra:


Jerusalem Symphony




View of modern Jerusalem.



The Temple Mount.


The Jerusalem Theater.

While this post can't cover all there is to see and know about Jerusalem, hopefully it has peaked your interest a little bit, I know I want to learn more about this place and one day, I will be able to blog from my personal experience.

Ciao,

Lauren




No comments:

Post a Comment