Wednesday, December 1, 2010

D.C. yeah that's where I wanna be!

Okay.  Back to the U.S. for a moment.  (Don't worry I know you're anxious to hear about Poland and Slovakia).  One place that I've actually been, is Washington D.C., and I LOVE it.  I've been there a number of times in the past few years.  The first of those times was during a visit to Philly, we headed over to do the tourist thing for a few days.  The next time was an Alternative Break where we served in the D.C. area over Thanksgiving Break two years ago.  And then a short time later, I had the opportunity to go for the March for Life parade in 2009. As the capital of our nation, it would take more than a day to see everything there is to see in D.C.  I'll give you some highlights of my trips there.


The first time was in 2008 with my family:


My sister and I in front of the White House.


At the World War II Memorial.  Ohio.  :)

And...here are a few from my Alternative Break Trip:


At the Jefferson Memorial.  


Serving at SOME (So Others Might Eat)


From the March for Life:

Rallying.


At one of the museums we stopped in.

I'm thankful that I have not only experienced the tourist side of D.C. but also the urban (through service and walking the city), as well as the political side from the March for Life.  I would recommend, if you ever get the opportunity to go there to go for different reasons if you can, whether it's just to check out a restaurant or concert nearby, you can also check out the tourist sites.  It's great to be able to experience every aspect of an area.  And I love D.C.--I can't wait until I can go back again someday!

Ciao,

Lauren



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love D.C.! My aunt lives there and every time I go, it is a great time!

    ReplyDelete