Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chi-town

While I haven't visited this wonderful city yet myself (plans are in the works for next semester), I talked with my lovely sister who attends DePaul University, and she gave me some pointers of places to see/visit while in Chi-town.  Beginning with the most popular and moving toward the general:


1. The Bean-sculpture in Millennium Park



2. Sears Tower-now Willis Tower (a necessity to visit this, especially the sky deck)


3. Take a ride on the Brown Line uptown...according to my sis, there is a great view.

4. Cupcake shops--Molly's Cupcakes


5. Giordano's Pizza--apparently one of the best.

6. A comedy group called: Second City, famous for many of its performers going to SNL.

7. Water Tower Place-only mall in downtown Chicago.


If I wasn't excited to visit Chicago before...I am now pumped to go!  Has anyone been there?  Tell me about it!  :)

Ciao,

Lauren









2 comments:

  1. After living so close to Chicago for about a year I went to the city a few times. Millennium Park was my favorite. Not only is the bean there, but there are many sculptures and fun views to take pictures of. Giordano's made me sick. I love Chicago deep dish pizza, but that place made my stomach upset. I also want to give you a heads up; if you are planning on getting pizza (which I suggest)remember that the pizza is a deep dish and takes a long time to cook. Plan accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Chicago for 12 years, all my kids were born there and it is a FANTASTIC city! I highly recommend visiting. Even with so much traffic it is very easy to get around (way better than DC, where I live now) and of course, Wrigley Field is my favorite place in Chicago. Love all the places you mentioned and I could go on and on, it truly is one of the best cities in the world.

    ReplyDelete