Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The City of Brotherly Love

So far this blog has only focused on places outside of the U.S., so today I'm going to talk about somewhere in our very own country.  A few years ago, I took a trip to Philadelphia, PA with my family.  To some, this may not seem like a very exciting trip, but the drive through Pennsylvania is an adventure in and of itself.  Since we had not seen my aunt (my dad's sister), in awhile, we were going to visit for a few days, and therefore weren't able to see a lot on this particular trip.  However, the city of Philly is a diverse and very historical place.


Two of the most memorable places I visited were the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.  If you're not familiar with Independence Hall you may remember it from the movie National Treasure...I think Nicholas Cage runs through it or something during the movie.  But as a nerd who loves historical places/things, these two things were wonderful to see.  Below you'll see a couple pictures of my sister and I in front of the bell and also inside Independence Hall. 


Philadelphia also offers many museums and other wonderfully historic places for you to visit, along with parks, and just a lovely little city.  Philly also has more "rundown" parts of town which I was able to see when we traveled into the city, but I didn't witness anything too scary.  :)



Liberty Bell–uncracked side.


The other side.


Independence Hall.


Tourist pose outside of a park in Philly.

Ciao,

Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment