Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Falls

One of the few family vacations I've had in my life was a trip to Niagara Falls, Canada, and let me tell you, it was the highlight of my life at the time.  Some would say that you could just go to Niagara Falls, see it and leave, however there are more places to go other than the falls (but I have to say they are pretty awesome).


Unfortunately, I don't have a digital copy of my trip there but...here is an idea of what I saw.



While participating in the more "touristy" parts of this popular vacation site, it is most interesting to learn about the many brave people who ventured over the falls in a barrel.  Some have survived with some bumps, bruises, and broken bones, while others have lost their lives.  The most interesting story is of Kirk Jones who went over the falls with only the clothes on his back.  Amazing.  You can read more stories about these daredevils at: Daredevils of Niagara Falls.

However, the best way (and safest way) to see the beautiful Horseshoe Falls is from a distance, either from the may points you can walk along or from the Maid of the Mist.  When I went, I was able to take a ride on Maid of the Mist as well as take a "Journey Behind The Falls", which is also a very cool experience.  Aside from the falls, there are many options for going to museums or other outdoor attractions.  For more information, check out, http://www.niagara-usa.com/attractions.html.

Ciao,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment