Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Italiano...I just want the food

With all the hype in movies, I can't imagine that anyone wouldn't want to explore this amazing country in some capacity.  From the food, to the scenery, I already feel, or rather, know that I would fall in love with this place.  However, because this boot shaped country is so large, I'm going to focus in on two cities in particular: Florence and Rome.


Florence is considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world, which of course is its biggest attraction.  With a rich history, there are endless attractions to see, as well as wonderful cuisine (or so I've heard).  Historically, Florence is the oldest Renaissance city that is still in existence today.  One site that I would really like to see is the Uffizi Gallery, one of the oldest art museums in existence.





For more information check out: http://www.aboutflorence.com/

Now.  For Rome.  This may seem like an obvious choice, and desire for a person to want to travel to, but there must be a reason for its popularity.  Historically, I would love to see the Coliseum, but I've also heard that the cafes/coffee in Rome are unbeatable (and for someone who loves coffee...take me now).  Like Florence, there are endless possibilities of historical and art/culture to experience, and I'm sure exploring it myself would be the only way to really know what is really there.

For more info check out... Italy Guides.

Ciao,

Lauren




1 comment: