Sunday, October 31, 2010

Springtime for Hitler...and Germany...

Okay, name where that line is from!  Seriously, I'm not telling you in this post, so comment if you know!  :)  I would like to talk about Germany a little bit, because I have been thinking/talking about visiting this country sometime next fall.  My plan is to have a "little" backpack through Europe type trip next year, I obviously need a starting point, and it's rather convenient that my friend will be studying there all next year!  So, the plan as of now, is to visit her and then do a little traveling (well...I'd hope a lot!) through Europe.  And...I'm also hoping to start learning German very soon, before the semester is out, and I hope to have a basic understanding of the language before I go.

Most attractive, are the opportunities to explore and have "adventures" in Germany.  Historically, there are endless opportunities for sites to see.  Two appealing options include touring The Castle Road, or the German Alpine Road.  Both include amazing sights of Germany.  The Castle Road includes both ancient castles as well as towns throughout your journey on this road.  According to, http://www.cometogermany.com/, the Alpine road offers meadows, gentle hills, craggy mountain peaks, green forests, romantic valleys and sparkling lakes .  Many areas of Germany also offer hiking or other activities.  Whether you want to be active or just relax, there are opportunities for both, just take your pick!




Ciao,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment