Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wanderlust...lust?

Okay, although this is now my third post, I wanted to give a small explanation for my blog's URL, as well as the title.  The URL, wanderlustisnotlost, was my best attempt in creating a somewhat catchy and hopefully memorable name.  Wanderlust is defined as,"a strong desire for or impulse to wander, or, in modern usage, to travel and to explore the world."  I love this word because this is often how I feel, like I have this impulse or instinct to see all I can see in the world.  And I suppose the other part of that is just that even though I may not have the means to travel and see all the places I want to right now, I'm holding on to this desire.


The title, for those who do not know, is a quote by J.R.R. Tolkien:


“Not all those who wander are lost.”  

And while it would be easy to sum this up in one sentence and say that it's natural to have curiousities, and sometimes those who wander already know where they are, but they have a desire to see more, I think this quote is open to interpretation for every individual.






And the quote on my page, while somewhat cheesy, is also very true.  Why would you only read one page of a book?  Unless you read one page and decide that you couldn't possibly make it through another page without keeling over in distress.  But for those who love books and the written word, reading only one page would be a tragedy.  And so for me, would be staying in one place my entire life.

Ciao,

Lauren

P.S.-Also for anyone wondering...the photo that appears at the top of the page is a picture I took one day when I was leaving the house I stayed at in Granada.  Yes.  I could see the Sierra Nevadas from the front door.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I really like your URL now that I know what it means! And that picture is gorgeous!!! :) I'm pretty jealous you go to experience such a beautiful site!

    ReplyDelete